American Ethanol 200
Saturday, July 14, 2012
RAM DRIVER QUOTES “The biggest thing about Iowa is it’s very much the short track that thinks it’s a superspeedway. It has the speed of a superspeedway and the feel of a superspeedway. But at the same time, it also has some unique characteristics that separate itself from anywhere else. The bump in Turn 1 on the bottom side is one of the biggest things that you hear about when drivers talk about Iowa. It’s a large bump and it’s right over the tunnel. It’s getting larger every year and it’s something that we have to be cognizant of how we set up our RAM. I think it’s very exciting and it’s unique. I have a lot of fun driving and racing there.” — Parker Kligerman
PARKER KLIGERMAN – No. 29 Reese Towpower RAM Crew Chief: Doug Randolph
Career Stats: Starts: 34 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 5 Top 10s: 13 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 32
2012 Season Stats: Starts: 8 Wins: 0 Top Fives: 1 Top 10s: 4 Poles: 0 Laps Led: 1
• Fifth in the series championship standings, 34 points behind leader Timothy Peters. He is 25 points behind fourth-place James Buescher and eight ahead of sixth-place Matt Crafton.
• Best finish of the season came at Dover (Del.) International Speedway where he was second in a rain-shortened event. The Dover finish equaled his best career effort in the series (also placed second in the 2011 spring race at Texas Motor Speedway).
• Has one previous NCWTS start at Iowa – started eighth and finished 22nd in 2011 race at the .875-mile speedway.
• Scored an eighth-place finish in the Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway in May, his first top 10 of the season and fourth in 17 NNS races.
• Finished 11th in one previous NCWTS short track race this season – Martinsville (Va.) Speedway (race No. 2).
• FUN FACT OF THE WEEK: Kligerman has run 97.81 percent of the laps this season on the lead lap (1,295 of a possible 1,324).
RAM IN THE CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
• Bobby Hamilton (2004) and Ted Musgrave (2005) won the season championship driving a RAM.
• RAM has captured the manufacturer’s championship three times in the 17-year history of the series – 2001, 2003 and 2004.
• Tony Raines gave RAM its first win in the series in 1997, winning at I-70 Speedway in Odessa, Mo.
• RAM won 15 of the 24 NCWTS races during the 2001 season, 13 of 25 in 2003 and 11 of 25 in 2004.
• There have been 423 races in the NCWTS beginning at Phoenix International Raceway on Feb. 2, 1995. There were three RAM drivers – Joe Bessey, Bob Keselowski and Walker Evans – in the 33-truck starting field. Bessey scored a fourth-place finish while Mike Skinner took the win.
IOWA SPEEDWAY NUMBERS
• The best finish by a RAM driver in three previous NCWTS races at Iowa Speedway is 14th by Chris Eggleston in 2010. Eggleston is also the only RAM driver to lead a lap at the .875-mile speedway (once for one lap).
• The best qualifying effort by a RAM driver at Iowa is eighth-place by Kligerman in 2011.
• Three Races, Three Different Faces: three different drivers have won each of the three previous races at Iowa Speedway. Three different drivers have also started from the pole.
RAM TALK “There’s a bump right there at the tunnel in Turn 1 and it continues to get worse and worse. One of the key things is that you’ve got to have a truck that’s turning across that bump and the bump doesn’t push or kick it sideways loose.” — Doug Randolph, Crew Chief, No. 29 Reese Towpower RAM