No. 99 Toyota Camry
Event Preview Fact Sheet
Event/Date: Johnsonville Sausage 200 – June 22, 2013
Venue: Road America
News & Notes:
- This Week’s Toyota … Bowman will pilot RAB Racing chassis No. 55 in Saturday’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race. This chassis last saw action at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2012 where Patrick Carpentier piloted this Toyota Camry to a 29th-place finish.
- First Timers… Though Bowman has recorded laps at many of the tracks on the Nationwide Series circuit throughout his seasons in the K&N Pro Series and the ARCA Racing Series, he has not yet competed at Road America. As he heads out on the four-mile road course for Nationwide Series practice this Friday afternoon, these will truly be his first laps here. Crew chief of the No. 99 Toyota Camry, Chris Rice, will be sitting atop the pit box at the Elkart Lake track for the first time, though he has road course experience under his belt competing twice at Watkins Glen and twice at Mexico City.
- RAB Racing at Road America … RAB Racing has competed in three Nationwide Series events at Road America since their inaugural year of competition in 2009. RAB Racing’s best finish came with Victor Gonzalez, Jr. in 2012. Gonzalez, Jr. ran as high as fifth, remaining in the top 10 throughout the majority of the Sargento 200, before a competitor caused a late-race incident relegating him to the 17th position.
- Rookie Battle… Following Bowman’s 14th-place finish at Michigan International Speedway, he holds down the second position in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year point standings, 40 points behind leader Kyle Larson.
- Get to the Points …As we head into the 14th race of the 2013 NASCAR Nationwide Series season, Bowman currently occupies the 11th position in the drivers’ point standings, only 33 points out of the top 10. Owner Robby Benton held steady in the 15th position of the Nationwide Series owners’ point standings.
- Catch the Action … Saturday’s Johnsonville Sausage 200 at Dover International Speedway will be televised live Saturday, June 22 beginning at 5:00 p.m. EST on ESPN and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network.
- Get Social … Don’t miss any updates from Bowman and RAB Racing. Follow them on Twitter @AlexBRacing and @RAB_Racing.
Alex Bowman Quotes:
“I’m really looking forward to our first ever road course race as a team, and first of this season. Road course racing is something that I’m unfamiliar with, but really enjoy. I’ve raced in only one race my entire life and that was last year in the ARCA Series at New Jersey Motorsports Park. I’m really confident in the car we’re bringing to Road America, it’s a really strong car that could have won its last race in Montreal with Patrick Carpentier, so I know I’ll have really great equipment under me from RAB Racing. ”
Chris Rice Quotes:
“Road America is one of those tracks that we’ve been preparing for a long time. It’s a car that has seen a lot of success and we’re all excited to be bringing it to the race track this weekend. With Road America and just like any other road course tracks, the key is going to be forward bite or traction coming off of the slow speed corners. It’s an interesting track to try and find a happy medium with because there’s a section of the track where it’s very high speed, with high speed corners, and then there’s a section of the track with very slow and sharp corners, so it’s a challenging track for the driver as well as the crew chief. With the information we got from TRD this week, I’m really confident in how our Toyota Camry will perform.”