Event/Date: U.S. Cellular 250 – August 3, 2013
News & Notes:
- This Week’s U.S. Cellular Toyota … Wallace will pilot RAB Racing chassis No. 40 in Saturday’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race. This chassis last saw action at Iowa Speedway in June, when Wallace piloted this Toyota Camry to a 13th-place finish.
- Wallace Returns… Iowa Speedway will see a familiar face Saturday for the U.S. Cellular 250, as Wallace climbs back behind the wheel of the No. 29 RAB Racing U.S. Cellular Camry. Wallace, a veteran of the .875-mile oval, boasts three top-10 finishes and a near perfect lap completion record (99.8%) here.
- Welcome Back… RAB Racing welcomes back U.S. Cellular as a partner this weekend at Iowa Speedway. Headquartered in Chicago, I.L U.S. Cellular is the sixth largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States serving about 4.6 million customers in 126 markets. U.S. Cellular has a strong lineup of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by its high-speed nationwide network that has the highest call quality of any national carrier. Currently, 61 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds and 87 percent will have access by the end of 2013. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Champion in 2012 for the second year in a row. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
- Meet Kenny … Wallace will be available at the U.S. Cellular fan experience for autographs from 2 to 3 p.m. Friday and 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Man of Many Hats … RAB Racing’s shop foreman Keith Hinkein will climb atop the pit box this weekend for his Nationwide Series debut as crew chief of the No. 29 Toyota Camry. Hinkein spent last season as crew chief in the ARCA Racing Series securing one win with Kevin Swindell and has prior experience in the Hooter’s Pro Cup Series winning 10 races with drivers Trevor Bayne and Joey Logano.
- RAB Racing at Iowa … RAB Racing with Brack Maggard has competed in eight Nationwide Series events at Iowa Speedway since their inaugural year of competition in 2009. RAB Racing has accumulated three top-10 finishes, including a best showing of sixth, which came with Wallace in 2011.
- Catch the Action … The U.S. Cellular 250 from Iowa Speedway will be televised live Saturday, August 3rd beginning at 8 p.m. EST on ESPN2 and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network.
- Get Social … Don’t miss any updates from Wallace and RAB Racing. Follow them on Twitter @Kenny_Wallace and @RAB_Racing.
Kenny Wallace Quotes:
Keith Hinkein Quotes:
“What a great opportunity for my first start as a NASCAR Nationwide Series crew chief with a driver like Kenny Wallace piloting the No. 29 U.S. Cellular Toyota Camry in the U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway. Kenny was fast in Iowa last June because he could roll the center, keep his momentum up and had good drive off the corners. This race typically has long green flag runs, so having a car that’s good in the long run was and still is crucial for this race. In practice we’ll go out there and make those long runs and see how the car handles for Kenny. This is the same car he raced in June at Iowa with the same car setup so I’m confident he’ll pick up right where he left off. It’s always a pleasure working with Kenny because he always so relaxed in every situation, his feedback is always easily understood and he never panics or changes his driving during a race, so I’m really looking forward to a good run in Iowa.”