Carl Edwards – Cheez-It 355 at the Glen
Team: No. 99 Cheez-It Ford Fusion
Crew Chief: Jimmy Fennig
Chassis: RK- 853 last ran at Sonoma
RK – 771 backup for Sonoma
Carl Edwards… enters the weekend third in the series points’ standings. This season, Edwards has one win, six top-five, and ten top-10 finishes and one pole.
· Edwards at Watkins Glen… Edwards will make his ninth Cup start at Watkins Glen this weekend. In his previous eight starts, he has accumulated three top-five and five top-10 finishes. He has an average start of 12.5 and finish of 9.4 there.
· In the Loop… According to NASCAR’s Loop Statistics compiled over the last eight races at The Glen, Edwards has run 506 laps in the top 15 which is fourth highest and his driver rating (94) is seventh best among active drivers.
· The Car… The team will unload RK- 853 which last ran at Sonoma Raceway where Edwards took the Ford to a third place finish at the first road course of the season.
· Primary Sponsor Note… Cheez-It returns to the track for the second and final primary race this season. For the first time since the Kellogg Companys’ involvement in NASCAR since 1991, the Cheez-It brand will be the entitlement sponsor of Sunday’s race, presenting the Cheez-It 355 at The Glen.
· Rewind, The Glen, 2012…Edwards pulled double duty at the Glen last year, racing in both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races. Edwards driving the Subway Ford Mustang notched another victory bringing his career total to 38 wins in the Nationwide series. On Sunday he drove his No. 99 Fastenal Ford to a 14th-place finish
Edwards quotes on the Cheez-It 355
“I feel good about Watkins Glen. It’s a huge race for Kellogg’s. They are sponsoring the Sprint Cup Cheez-It 355 at The Glen and I will be driving the Cheez-It Ford. We sat on the pole there a few years ago, won the Nationwide race last year and had good runs and almost won the Cup race a couple years ago. I like that race track and the area. It’s a really fun race and it would be big to put Kellogg’s in victory lane. The President, Michael Printup said it would rain Cheez-its, if we win.”
2013 No. 99 Team
Name Duties Hometown
Wayne Anderson 2nd Truck Driver West Covina, C.A.
Darren Beach Catch Front Tire New Franklin, M.O.
Cameron Cobb Jackman Washington, I.L.
Justin Coble Spot Rear Tire Greensboro, N.C.
Richie Davis Car Chief/Grille Miami, F.L.
Greg Emmer Road Mechanic/Front Hose Allenton, W.I.
Jimmy Fennig Crew Chief Milwaukee, W.I.
Joey Fennig Windshield Harrisburg, N.C.
Jason Hedlesky Spotter Clinton, M.I.
Doug Impsen Motor Specialist/Sign Board/Spot Front Tire Pequannock, N.J.
Norm Lowe Catch Rear Tire Webster, M.A.
Zach Marquardt Road Mechanic/Tire Runner Lena, W.I.
Dave McDonald Shock Specialist/2nd Gas Man Clinton, M.I.
Ryan McCray Rear Tire Carrier Highland, C.A.
Matt Millard Truck Driver Middleton, W.I.
Jon Moore Rear Tire Changer Gainesville, G.A.
Justin Nottestad Front Tire Changer Cambridge, W.I.
Collin Pasi Front Tire Carrier Concord, N.C.
Garrett Reding Mechanic Rockton, I.L.
Nick Sandler Engineer Ashville, N.C.
Randy Seals Engineer Ashville, N.C.
Dave Smith Mechanic Baltimore, M.D.
Don Stern Mechanic Burnt Hills, N.Y.
Scott Swift Tire Specialist Kannapolis, N.C.
Shawn Ward Gas Man Hickory, N.C.
Jim Watson Catch Gas Can/Gas Runner Greenfield, W.I.